Friday, December 02, 2016

The Awakening

My work explores the relationship between human and natural. Through abstraction I propose a graphical language linked to direct observation of my immediate environment. The results are combinations of ideas that help first have a clue on the next one.
This is a constant in my process which seeks to redefine itself for each solution encountered. By materializing and deconstructing the vision as it is commonly accepted I seek personal and universal solutions while doing acrylic paintings. As it is in doing that I have more ideas.
Thus work are constantly within abstraction and figuration as they need each other to exist in my process. Influenced by William M.J. Turrner , Edouard Manet, Ansel Kiefer, and Philip Kelly (Mauritius) proposed work are of a unique flavour and at the same time look alike. This has set confusion to other artists who have thought I have imitated their work. This confusion is a particular fragment of my process whereby I confuse the graphic with the memories intentionally to approach the notion of universality. In so doing, I deform the unseen and reformulate established certainties. The reverse is also true. Other artists immitate my results. Which reacts a parralel universality.
During a workshop I heard from an artist that to study at university level is not imperative but, “a hell of a shortcut”. With that in mind I travel to Bordeaux, 2001, for a “maitrise en Arts Appliques”. Later with transmission in mind I returned to Rodrigues, in 2005, to share my knowledge. This is where my artistic journey started. What was first an anthropic will to share knowledge became a way of living.

This is where we meet at a  cross road here.

No comments: